# The Truth about Complaining



# Life is a Gift #


Today before you think of saying an unkind word
Think of someone who can't speak.

Before you complain about the taste of your food
Think of someone who has nothing to eat.

Before you complain about your husband or wife
Think of someone who's crying out to God for a companion.

Today before you complain about life
Think of someone who went too early to the grave.

Before you complain about your children
Think of someone who desires children but they're barren.

Before you argue about your dirty house, someone didn't clean or sweep
Think of the people who are living in the streets.

Before whining about the distance you drive
Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.

And when you are tired and complain about your job
Think of the unemployed, the disabled and those who wished they had your job.

But before you think of pointing the finger or condemning another
Remember that not one of us are without sin and we all answer to one maker.

And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down
Put a smile on your face and thank God you're alive and still around.

~ Author Unknown



11 comments:

  1. Anonymous20.2.08

    Great Post buddy...

    People always like to complain as if there's really no place for them in this world. But they didn't know that there's many more in this world that is more unfortunate than them.

    God Bless...

    Regards,
    Derrick Tan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem! I'm going to print it out and read it weekly to myself so I can remember to appreciate the things I do have and not complain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    There must be something going on in the blogosphere, this is the fourth article I've read on complaining. I even wrote one myself. Come by if you get the chance.

    Cheers.
    soulmeetsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susanno, very meaningful poem, this one. I prefer to know the author. Well, I have always alerted participants in my training course about the act complaining. After reading, I have edited this poem, and spice it up into a Power Point presentation. Credit to the Unknown author. May The God bless her or him many fold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is done, here:
    http://atotalblog.wordpress.com/2008/02/21/total-inspiration/
    and
    http://atotalblog.blogspot.com/2008/02/total-inspiration.html
    From me, please feel free to share and spread. I already have. Thanks to the original author and the good work of susanno.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous23.2.08

    It's so easyto forget to be grateful for the things that you have.. it's so easy to forget to appreciate the blessings granted upon you.

    Thank you for sharing this post with me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to complain too much myself. It's good to think about how others are suffering too to put life into perspective. Thanks for something good to chew on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous23.9.08

    GREAT POEM BRO, I REENERGIZED. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous23.10.08

    Cant complain and be thankful in the same breath.
    It boils down to counting your blessings, you cannot count something as a blessing if you are complaining about it.....
    I make my best attempt to be grateful for everything, it changes the energy flow in my body and literally redefines whatever I am complaining about.
    It takes a lot of effort to not complain until you get used to everything as a blessing in disguise. We can't see the blessing until we stop complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous17.10.09

    Great poem for my newsletter. Thanks so much.
    Whinkle@coosahs.net

    ReplyDelete